Get the news right in your inbox!

Jelly Pancakes

December 27, 2011 in breakfasts - 6 Comments - 2 min read

I hope you had a fantastic Christmas.  As for my family, we ate a lot, laughed a lot, and ate a lot.  Typical family get-togethers.  And speaking of family, this breakfast is one of my husband’s favorite.  When visiting his grandparents as a child, his grandmother would make these pancakes for him, and twenty years later, he’s still talking about them.  (That’s how good they are!)

These aren’t actually pancakes, but crepes, but DO NOT let that word scare you.  It did for me for many years, and I certainly missed out.  You don’t need a crepe pan or any other fancy cooking device, just a small skillet and a spatula.  A tip I learned about crepes: when pouring out a bit of the batter into the hot skillet, lift the pan off the burner and swirl it around a bit, evenly coating the pan, before placing back on the burner.  Not only will it make the crepe thin, but you’ll look like a professional doing it, therefore impressing your family and friends.  And when you flip it, if it folds in on itself, no need to panic.  Just use your fingers to let out the crease.

Serve them with homemade jam or jelly (or store-bought if you like) of your favorite flavor and sprinkle with powdered sugar.  It’s bound to impress.  Enjoy! xoxo

Jelly Pancakes

printable version

1 c flour

¼ c powdered sugar

2 eggs

1 cup milk (NOT non-fat)

3 T melted butter, cooled slightly

1 ¼ t vanilla

¼ t salt

Jam or jelly

Powdered sugar for dusting

In a bowl, sift flour and powdered sugar.  In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, milk, vanilla, and salt.  Slowly add the melted butter.  Using a whisk, add the flour and powdered sugar, and mix until smooth.

Heat a small non-stick skillet on medium-low heat.  Add one tablespoon butter to the skillet and melt.  Add 4-5 tablespoons batter to the skillet, swirling the pan to evenly coat the bottom of the skillet.  Cook for a few minutes, or until the batter browns around the edges.  Flip the crepe and cook for another minute or so before placing on a plate.  Continue with remaining batter.

Spoon jelly down the middle of the crepe and roll up.  Dust with powdered sugar before serving.

Makes about 8-10 crepes

Recipe Source: crepes slightly adapted from allrecipes

holly

Thanks for stopping by! I love baking and hope these recipes inspire you to create something wonderful in your kitchen. xoxo

All posts

6 Comments

• Haniela December 29, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Omg, I love crepes, one of my favorites of all the time. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

• holly December 30, 2011 at 5:18 am

Happy New Year to you too!

• Sara Nickel December 28, 2011 at 2:10 am

I love these with a very fine layer of brown sugar & a drizzle of lemon juice- so good!

• holly December 30, 2011 at 5:19 am

Oh, I’ll have to try that next time!

• susan December 28, 2011 at 1:32 am

We made these last week but with nutella, banana, raspberries and blueberries topped with powdered sugar and whipped cream! delicious!

• holly December 30, 2011 at 5:19 am

That does sound delicious!

Top Posts

Winter Sugar Cookies
    Valentine's Day Sugar Cookies
    Winter Sugar Cookies

About Me

Hello and welcome! I am so glad you're here. On this blog you'll find recipes for delicious desserts and sugar cookie inspiration. Pull up a chair and stay awhile! Read More

Holly

Categories

Instagram

Grace got braces today! And somehow managed to pop a brace off an hour after getting home. 🤦‍♀️ Hi friends! So I set up an Instagram account just for my cookies. If you like the cookies I make and want to follow this new account, I’d love to have you! @holly_bakes_
This current account is going back to more personal. 😊
Thanks!! #cookies #cookiedecorating #royalicingcookies #royalicing #cookiesofinstagram Valentine Pre-Sale and cookie class are up on the blog! Visit the blog (www.hollybakes.com), the link in profile, or click the link below for the form.

Gnome cutters- @sweetleighprinted
Plaque and mason jar cutters- @sheybdesigns
Hearts- @3dcookiecuttershop
Rose- @cutitoutcutters
#valentinecookies #royalicingcookies #royalicing #sugarcookies #sugarcookiesofinstagram #talentedcookiers #bakersofinstagram Birthday present from Eric—a 7 quart mixer. My hubby knows me well. 😊 Now, just where to store it... #kitchenaidmixer #birthdaypresent Celebrating my birthday this weekend at the beach with close friends. (This House has an amazing view!!!) Thanks @rainasia @lacygiering @erinrgreatness @penner.natalie for joining me!!! 💞 You have made entering a new decade a little easier. #birthday #birthdaygirl #newdecade I am so excited to announce my first pre-sale and cookie class! Pre-sale pick-ups will be Sunday, January 26th from 1-4 PM. (Locals only, sorry.) Want to learn how to make these? I am offering a class on Saturday, January 18th from 1-4 PM at my house. (I live in Lake Oswego.) Link can be found here: https://forms.gle/CWGFSVhhCCrwbcRQA

More info is on my blog—holly bakes.com
Thanks for supporting my new adventure!! #wintersugarcookies #royalicingcookies #royalicing #sugarcookies #sugarcookiesofinstagram #cookieclass #bakersofinstagram

Tags